Talk about anything other than LFSNZ.
mik641
PRO
LFS License: S2
LFS User: mik641
Combat Arms Name: Mik641

How to harden up.. the real way

Postby mik641 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:49 am

One of the ways this has been described to me is imagine a child's sandpit. Then imagine a house brick dropped into that pit from a great height. the brick will make a crater and throw sand and leave a deep mark. In time with wind and weather that brick will sink into the pit, get covered over and you wont be able to see it but it is still there.

Imagine you are the sandpit and the brick is some sudden huge part of life. If you are like the sand pit the brick is gonna hurt. It will leave its mark and with time,if left undealt with it may get pushed down and covered over and may not be seen but it will still be there waiting to be discovered.

Now if you were a slab of concrete that brick would crash into you, and would no doubt hurt and even leave a mark. But in time with wind and weather that brick will erode and crumble and given enough time would eventually be turned to dust and blow away with the wind. It may have left a scar but it will be gone.

Similarly an event that crashes into you life may hit a sand pit and if left UN-dealt with it will no doubt diminish to the point of not being able to be seen, but it will still be there. It will affect you and you will carry it always.

If on the other hand you are hardened to the point of a concrete slab, time and a little dealing with it can leave you scarred but baggage free. No bricks to carry.

The whole trick to hardening the slab is learning the tools to mix the concrete and lay the slab. Depending on the foundations, we can be left at any point in this construction as we mature an develop. We are physical, mental,and spiritual beings. We grow physically, get older,taller hairier. We grow mentally, learn school get educated are smarter. But how many of us neglect our spiritual being, to the point of spiritual bankruptcy and therefore lack the one necessary tool needed to make our slab as hard as an anvil.

It is an interesting question as I gather my tools, for I intend to make the hardest slab I can. This does not mean I shall become a hardened soul with a heart of stone. On the contrary this means my slab will be my shield while my soft underbelly sand pit can bask free in the knowledge it is safe from the bricks hurled at it from above. It will be the protector of my sanctity to leave me free to pursue endless sources of goodness and happiness in my life.

As with any tool this means maintenance, and that is my need to harden up, I have been slack and let things soften over time but once again things shall be restored to their former glory. I have the tools. I have the strength, will and determination and I have all you guys, Sweet. I'm off concreting then, seeya's
Image ImageImage
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS License: S2
LFS User: 4aged

Re: How to harden up.. the real way

Postby 4aged » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:03 am

well spoken sir
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
Swivel
Site Admin
LFS License: S3