Hope our southern buddies are ok!

Talk about anything other than LFSNZ.
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS License: S2
LFS User: 4aged

Re: Hope our southern buddies are ok!

Postby 4aged » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:08 pm

i heard that rumor at work as well today, pretty silly....plenty of aftershocks today geez!!! i bet some buildings have been finished off.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
Chris
PRO
LFS User: holdenrules_64

Postby Chris » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:37 pm

Ah must be pretty damn scary, hopefully will never happen to me. Good to hear all you guys are all good :D
KWAK
Dedicated Driver
LFS User: [LFSNZ] Kwak
Combat Arms Name: KWAKNZ

Postby KWAK » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:29 am

Well, still going, with some big ones this morning! Seriously thinking about heading to Sydney for a week, I'm on holiday and sharna might just quit her job, not worth the stress!
thorns
PRO

Postby thorns » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:46 am

KWAK wrote:Well, still going, with some big ones this morning! Seriously thinking about heading to Sydney for a week, I'm on holiday and sharna might just quit her job, not worth the stress!
Yeah was a big one, was driving down riccarton road to work when it hit, the car felt like it was all over the place.
We are considering getting out of town for a few days jus to try calm the nerves and try relax a bit, might head down south to Laurens parents place.
ImageImageImageImage
4aged
LFSNZ Addict

Postby 4aged » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:38 pm

yea crazy these aftershocks.... check out http://maps.google.co.nz/maps/ms?client ... urce=embed

someone started a rumor there is a fire at Lyttelton Port petrol tanks and we should all fill up now....live webcams told us otherwise.
KWAK
Dedicated Driver

Postby KWAK » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:33 pm

thats bullshit 4aged, My brother has the scary task tomorrow of checking the big fuel tanks. They are getting low, but need to be checked when low anyways. The next tanker arrives on Monday.

Yeah, looking at heading out of town for a couple of days, but wont be until sharna her days off, sunday/monday.

where you heading thorns? (needs some ideas)
thorns
PRO

Postby thorns » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:42 pm

KWAK wrote:thats bullshit 4aged, My brother has the scary task tomorrow of checking the big fuel tanks. They are getting low, but need to be checked when low anyways. The next tanker arrives on Monday.

Yeah, looking at heading out of town for a couple of days, but wont be until sharna her days off, sunday/monday.

where you heading thorns? (needs some ideas)
We just booked some tickets to Dunedin, they were cheap on Air NZ, and Laurens parents live just out of Milton, so just headed there Friday night and back Sunday night. Hopefuly Lauren can relax a bit being away from it all , she's really not handling it to well at the moment, just a nervous wreck.
ImageImageImageImage
4aged
LFSNZ Addict

Postby 4aged » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:17 am

i know quite afew people abandoning chch untill these aftershocks die down, some gone to picton and some to wanaka, mainly gone to stay with family. Anna's sister isnt coping at all, they are off today/already left probably.

There was article in the press today about people fleeing christchurch 30 people just turned up to a Kaikoura motel and booked out a whole lot of rooms.

kwak try http://www.holidayhouses.co.nz...find a nice place and go there?
KWAK
Dedicated Driver

Postby KWAK » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:16 am

Nah, Im doing fine now, have had two complete nights of sleep! Yipeee! Its the simple things that you miss like having drinking water from the tap. Then when you loose the power etc, geez! dont get me started! I have only touched my computer once (yesterday to get some more movies off it), been to freaked out to be sitting in my man cave by myself! thank god my phone has the net and when sharna isnt using her netbook i get to use that.

Its that fact that you cant see the threat, like with a flood you can see the water and how it increases/decreases with weather reports etc to help guide you. With the earthquakes, we have no idea! the clever buggers say that this and that may happen or not, could stop now and could continue for weeks, thats the toughest part. Not knowing when and how big the next one is going to be if there is going to be any. When it starts to settle and you start feeling positive, the next one hits! but hey, cant do much about it, so we just keep trucking along. My dad closed his work, so hes been at home, so spending time with him and my brothers kids are home from school too, which by the sounds of it, they will have another 5 weeks off, one of the hardest hit schools (halswell school).

Hope all the other CHCHer's are well, and thank you to the rest of the LFSNZ whanau for the txts, means heaps aye!
mik641
PRO
LFS User: mik641
Combat Arms Name: Mik641

Postby mik641 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:46 pm

Good to see you are getting a handle on things. Its unbelievable how your life can change in 1 minute eh. Watching the news with footage of straight roads being bent and river redirected etc makes you realise the force of nature.

What scares me now is that there were a few quakes reported out of wellington and up napier way.. perhaps 'the big one' hasnt let loose yet?
Image ImageImage

Return to “Other”