GTR2 free

Talk about anything related to our little community or forum.
dynofiend
PRO
LFS User: dynofiend

GTR2 free

Postby dynofiend » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:14 am

Not sure if any of you have seen this thread on the LFS forum, but I had a pop at downloading it all one afternoon and got it running.

Was a little underwhelmed with the power and glory mod, so I binned that and stuck with the original cars. Downloaded a whole bunch of tracks and a few cars and some higher res upgrades. Seriously there is just about every single track in the world available, even tiny esoteric local ones that I used to drive on in the UK. Am currently having great fun attacking the Nordschliefe using my home made projector. Very accurate version of the track. Made my GFs dad carsick hehe!

Sound is perfect, physics is OK, although the cars are super grippy, graphics are a little dated, but perfectly useable, and depend on the user made track's quality, ffb is pretty good, although I had to spend a fair amount of time getting the wheel setup to my liking. FOV is also a little limiting but can be edited in the cam text files easily. It also seems very easy to run, load times are near to instant compared to LFS, so should run very smoothly on most machines.

Will try and get a video of me driving it up, but plenty of GTR2 videos on youtube to give you a taster.
ImageImage
KWAK
Dedicated Driver
LFS License: S2
LFS User: [LFSNZ] Kwak
Combat Arms Name: KWAKNZ

Re: GTR2 free

Postby KWAK » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:00 pm

Had this a few years back, aswell as most of the "simbin" , GT Legends etc, will have to have another look into this aye. Do enjoy the realism it shows, pitty about the physics.

Return to “General”