This WILL be awesome...

General discussions about the game, Live For Speed.
KR0NIK
Advanced

Re: This WILL be awesome...

Postby KR0NIK » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:13 pm

It was shit! looked good, but was shit compared to LFS physics!

thats all i needed to hear......thanks
ImageImageImage
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS License: S2
LFS User: 4aged

Postby 4aged » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:05 am

lol nothing has beaten LFS physics yet...I havnt tried iracing yet though.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
sly_guy
Advanced
LFS User: sly_guy
Combat Arms Name: sly_guy

Postby sly_guy » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Hmm, surprised to hear you thought it was shit...

I actually thought it was quite good if you set it up right, (i did a google search on g25 and GT5 prologue).
Agree, the physics aint LFS by a long stretch, but then there isn't much that is !

iRacing is awesome, really is... just needs more time and commitment to play it than I currently have... if you don't keep practicing you go backwards.... that combined with the Safety rating system they have makes it not really tennable for a pick up and play race.... But still.... I strongly recommend ANYONE and EVERYONE should try it ! :)
ImageImageImageImage
KR0NIK
Advanced

Postby KR0NIK » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:40 pm

iRacing is awesome, really is... just needs more time and commitment to play it than I currently have... if you don't keep practicing you go backwards.... that combined with the Safety rating system they have makes it not really tennable for a pick up and play race.... But still.... I strongly recommend ANYONE and EVERYONE should try it !
thats defanatly what i needed to hear.... thanks :)

care to compare any particular differnt points between lfs
is there any areas where lfs still excells?
keen to keep us posted in your progress through iracing ?
ImageImageImage
sly_guy
Advanced
LFS User: sly_guy
Combat Arms Name: sly_guy

Postby sly_guy » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:12 pm

keen to keep us posted in your progress through iracing ?
Lol, I've had it for nearly a year now... I managed to get on the Beta testing (still had to pay) back in July last year, but then didn't touch it for ages as it took 3 months to ship my PC (oh, as well as the rest of my shit) from the UK to NZ... I've entered a few races, and tried really hard to progress in the Solstice (a MX5 type car...) and I love the Skip Barber (Single Seater) The realism is just great.... the problem with that it... you can't just pick it up and expect to be even remotely competetive... If I had to class my skills at sim racing out of ten, I'd probably say i'm about a 5 or a 6.... iRacing makes me feel like I'm a 2 !!!... as bad as that sounds, the sense of achievement from making an overtake, or even just finishing a race is awesome !!!
care to compare any particular differnt points between lfs
is there any areas where lfs still excells?
It's really hard to compare... I LOVE lfs, i really do...and compared to things like rFactor etc, It wins for me every time... In reality, it probably beats iRacing for me too (the fact that I play LFS regularly, but hardly touch iRacing suggests this..), however, where iRacing just excels is the realism, I had a couple of runs in real Formula Ford Single Seaters at Thruxton in the UK, and this is by far the closest to that sensation I've had.. I suppose it would take someone more articulate than me to explain the differences ! :)
ImageImageImageImage
KR0NIK
Advanced

Postby KR0NIK » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:24 pm

nope explained perfect !
have promised myself to give it a go when my sim is complete
and hearing that its actually hard to pick up sounds like the icing on the cake to me
but given that u have just ranked urself and 5 or 6 leaving us back markers to ponder
wheather a rateing of 0 or 1 (on the sly scale) will find me sneaking in
with the 8year olds n under nubie nubes and struggling to qualify HAHA
ImageImageImage

Return to “General”