Next series?

General discussions about the game, Live For Speed.
thorns
PRO

Next series?

Postby thorns » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:31 pm

Hey was just wondering if the next series has been decided on?
ImageImageImageImage
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS License: S2
LFS User: 4aged

Re: Next series?

Postby 4aged » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:03 pm

In discussion atm, i think we are going to put up a poll on what events people want to see next so look out for that. We have a few exciting ideas for the next series.

We are having a 2 week break after this series, we will run some 1 off events on next 2 thursdays, might try afew different things. should be fun though. details soon :)

P.S was lfsnz forum running like dog just before??
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
thorns
PRO

Postby thorns » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:28 pm

Been running fine here!

On the series, would love somthing different like teh F08, could maybe even run it with power restrictions as well.
ImageImageImageImage
4aged
LFSNZ Addict

Postby 4aged » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:51 pm

yea i think one of our options is using FBM, keep an eye on things :)

forum was dead slow before seems all good now.
sly_guy
Advanced
LFS User: sly_guy
Combat Arms Name: sly_guy

Postby sly_guy » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:42 am

My vote is for an FBM series :D, they're awesome ! so drivable !
ImageImageImageImage
KR0NIK
Advanced

Postby KR0NIK » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:35 pm

yup fbmws r nice and anything single seater gives a better FOV for all on single montors
restricted v8s would be a good way to get in some seat time in a car that has more potential later on
(loving the restricted thing ...has really made ai racing more entertaining)
tbos are always good for variety
liked the race format of baby series ...varied never felt same old ...
build a speed way track in the car park
LXs are often overlooked
im pretty much keen on everything

considering everyone moans about lfs lack of content..... i think its far from played out for me
ImageImageImage
4aged
LFSNZ Addict

Postby 4aged » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:37 am

yea open wheelers and LX are pretty much unexplored territory for me ive done series in all the tintop cars so really keen on getting into these other cars, like the fox series was awsome as i got to learn this new car , but meant i didnt really get good speed untill round 3 of the series lol. but yea keen on open wheelers / lx/ mrt for next series. im just thinking of what we can do to mix it up a bit, weight restriction may be one thing to expolore as MNR (monday night racing - aussie leauge) guys do it pretty well, they use some formula to work it out but we could just go like:

We make it you have to sign up for this next series so we know whos in for it, then work out a base ranking from past series and say we all get 15kg base to start from and go like
P1 +10kg
P2 +7 kg
P3 +5kg

p8 -5kg
p9 -7kg
p10 -10kg

and then after a race finsh the above is applied to top 3 finshers and bottom 3 finishers to make up the next rounds weight for them. for this to work well would need to be a 7 round series i reckon. I think we would look at dropping your worst round if we did a long series like this.

This is pending admin discussion, probably jumping the gun here but just some ideas to keep it close and exciting

p.s on holiday this thursday so will get someone to work out a 1 off event , should be fun either way.
mik641
PRO
LFS User: mik641
Combat Arms Name: Mik641

Postby mik641 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:06 pm

id be keen for BL1R with FBM on thursday
Image ImageImage
4aged
LFSNZ Addict

Postby 4aged » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:22 pm

i think we are planning something else for this thursday, im overseas on holiday this thurs so wont be around but will help organise somthing for this Thursday.
Krayy
Advanced

Postby Krayy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:09 pm

4aged wrote:yea open wheelers and LX are pretty much unexplored territory for me ive done series in all the tintop cars so really keen on getting into these other cars, like the fox series was awsome as i got to learn this new car , but meant i didnt really get good speed untill round 3 of the series lol. but yea keen on open wheelers / lx/ mrt for next series. im just thinking of what we can do to mix it up a bit, weight restriction may be one thing to expolore as MNR (monday night racing - aussie leauge) guys do it pretty well, they use some formula to work it out but we could just go like:

We make it you have to sign up for this next series so we know whos in for it, then work out a base ranking from past series and say we all get 15kg base to start from and go like
P1 +10kg
P2 +7 kg
P3 +5kg

p8 -5kg
p9 -7kg
p10 -10kg

and then after a race finsh the above is applied to top 3 finshers and bottom 3 finishers to make up the next rounds weight for them. for this to work well would need to be a 7 round series i reckon. I think we would look at dropping your worst round if we did a long series like this.

This is pending admin discussion, probably jumping the gun here but just some ideas to keep it close and exciting

p.s on holiday this thursday so will get someone to work out a 1 off event , should be fun either way.
Dude,

I love the whole concept of this one. Do it with the LX4's, as we've done MRT's a few times but this should be a level playing field for everyone. I'll put some work into Lapper to enable us to set handicaps in game, save and load them so we can keep a running total.

It'll take me a week or so to get the code right, so how about we start the series in 2 weeks time. Call it something like "The Topless Targa".
I'm a Logitech G-Man!! G15, G25, G35, G500...

Image ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General”