Car Sound Remixer

General discussions about the game, Live For Speed.
dynofiend
PRO
LFS User: dynofiend

Car Sound Remixer

Postby dynofiend » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:54 am

Dunno if any one else other than me, and the recently converted SlyGuy have tried this mini app yet. But its thoroughly recommended.

In short, it runs alongside LFS in the background, and adds to the sound mix. Makes engines, brakes sound soooo much better youll wonder how you did without it. Even has realistic gear whineing and transmission shunt noises, backfires, better turbo sounds and all sorts. All changable by you if you want as well.

It added a new dimension to the game when I installed it and you really should give it a go.

Once installed, I recommend a few laps in the single seaters, the FXR, the FZR and the RB4. Youll love it :D

http://www.lfsforum.com/showthread.php?t=12863 scroll to post 10. Make sure you install the DaveW sound pack too, its way better than the original files.
ImageImage
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS License: S2
LFS User: 4aged

Re: Car Sound Remixer

Postby 4aged » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:11 am

sweet man....into this!
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
kumarakid
Dedicated Driver
LFS User: Kumarakid

Postby kumarakid » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:15 am

Thanks Dyno, mate some of these sounds are really quite good although they're not all to my liking but I guess thats where the tweaking comes in. Thanks for this matey.
dynofiend
PRO
LFS User: dynofiend

Postby dynofiend » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:27 am

You can turn off certain elements too. Also the idea is to have a blend of the original LFS sounds and the CSR sounds. If you want to reduce the CSR for one car just turn the volume on the CSR for that car whilst you are racing it. The CSR will remember that volume setting for that car.

Ohh and its got a low fuel warning buzzer built in too. Handy for some :D
ImageImage
Wildboy99
PRO
LFS User: |ARC| Liam

Postby Wildboy99 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:17 am

nice find mate makes the experience heaps more enjoyable cause sound was one thing i found that really lets lfs down but this just makes it so much better
ImageImageImage
Racing is life, Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen
Chris
PRO
LFS User: holdenrules_64

Postby Chris » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:09 pm

I was just using the engine sounds from the soundpack, and I dont really like them very much. So think ill use LFS engine sounds with the brakes, shifting and other sfx from CSR

Return to “General”