Future LFS series, soonish

General discussions about the game, Live For Speed.
KWAK
Dedicated Driver
LFS License: S2
LFS User: [LFSNZ] Kwak
Combat Arms Name: KWAKNZ

Future LFS series, soonish

Postby KWAK » Wed May 15, 2013 7:45 pm

I will sort new race series out soon, but need some help. My current computer is getting tired. So have a new tower, cooler master http://www.coolermaster.co.nz/product.p ... ct_id=6056 and have a new graphics card. But need a new CPU, motherboard and ram. Want it to run racing games and battlefield type games Lol, been looking at spend around $600-$700. Looking at shopping at local shop DragonPC http://www.dragonpc.co.nz/c.aspx. any help would be awesome
Wildboy99
PRO
LFS User: |ARC| Liam

Re: Future LFS series, soonish

Postby Wildboy99 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:08 pm

I could spend hours doing up specs for you but im not going to because honestly, if you can, wait another few weeks. New Intel cpus are due out in June sometime and they will be beasts as well as making the prices of the current generation hopefully plummet.

Whats the new graphics card? please say its nvidia. Also do you plan on wanting to run triples with it? 600-700 might be pushing it though, unless your power supply is already a good one? i mean i spent 600ish on graphics card alone :oops:
ImageImageImage
Racing is life, Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen
Steala
LFSNZ Addict
LFS User: LifeSteala

Postby Steala » Sat May 18, 2013 10:23 am

New Intel CPUs? Geez I'm behind the gameball. Are they based on Ivy bridge??? i7 range? Must do some research!

Why Nvidia? :P I'm an ATi fan. LOL
Image Image Image
ATOMIC Web Hosting - Quality shared and reseller website hosting. WHM/cPanel
KWAK
Dedicated Driver

Postby KWAK » Sat May 18, 2013 7:31 pm

Forget this, the hairdryer on cold is my new friend
KWAK
Dedicated Driver

Postby KWAK » Sat May 18, 2013 7:32 pm

Forget this, the hairdryer on cold is my new friend
Wildboy99
PRO
LFS User: |ARC| Liam

Postby Wildboy99 » Sun May 19, 2013 9:40 pm

Not based on Ivy, well they are i guess but its not like ivy bridge e or anything, they are called haswell and are shapping up to be quite the beast. 4770k, i beleive one was actually leaked onto ebay today if you want to jump early...

As for why nvidia over amd, probably more fanboyism then anything i guess but i have a nvidia 680 and a mate has whatever the amd equivilant is and mine kinda walks all over it, drivers, software, performance, temperature, power consumption.

Ive always been a massive fan of nvidia and i have had my fair share of amd or ati as they were then but now that nvidia prices are much more competitive and they run triples on one card i cant see myself swapping again i cant fault my 680 at all even running triple screens at 5760x1080 but they are both so good its personal preference these days.
KWAK wrote:Forget this, the hairdryer on cold is my new friend
I actually have a funny story about hairdryers and computers, a mates temp sensor had failed on his cpu and it would only start if warmed up so normally he would leave it on all the time but it came time to bring it around for a lan. Couldnt make it fire up so we grabbed a hairdryer, 5 minutes on hot and she was good to go haha
ImageImageImage
Racing is life, Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen

Return to “General”