WORLD SERIES 2011 - DISCUSSION

Current & Past Race Series and Events
tiptop114
Beginner
LFS License: S2
LFS User: Tiptop114

Re: WORLD SERIES 2011 - DISCUSSION

Postby tiptop114 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:23 pm

I only got bout 4 hrs practise in for this one. Praying to the car gods that i hit a 50 in qual. Then flat out for the race. Hopefully i do a repeat of the last city track with lots of winning :D
tiptop114
Beginner

Postby tiptop114 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:37 pm

Great race last night guys, i really enjoyed that one. Wasn't easy by any means.

Qual : Qual went well with a low 51. Was enough to grab pole so i was quite pleased. I thought Chris and Liam would of been much quicker, was quite a suprise that you's weren't.

Race : Got away good and started maintaining the gap i had back to chris, not seeming to pull away to much with some of his good laps. Really worked hard on just being consitant for this one and did almost all of laps in the 51's for my first stint. Pitted, and the least thats said about my pitstop the better as it was very bad and slow. Chris pitted the next lap and came out in front of me only to run wide on the first corner and allow me down the inside to get the lead back. I then focused on building up a rythum as i knew i had a nice time from 4aged to beat for the clean sweep. Got a really good run out of the last corner one lap and i knew i had to punch out a mad one that lap and it all went right for once getting me down into the 50's :D

Next race should be intresting with a few people disliking the FO8's and a few that have never driven them (including myself :? ). Looking forward to the next one see ya's there :D
Wildboy99
PRO
LFS User: |ARC| Liam

Postby Wildboy99 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:10 pm

Yeah sorry bout the lack of a hard, flat out race with you tiptop but no matter how much i tried i just couldnt get it working how i want and im extremly lucky to hold onto 3rd. I think part of the problem was i made some brake bias and pressure adjustments just before qual and it all felt pretty good then qualifying came around and i thought i just didnt manage to get a lap in but in was like it in the race too. Pretty quick in the 1st and last sectors but i was loosing in excess of 1 second in the 2nd sector on my own pb and you guys were faster then that so id hate to compare those numbers.

Other then that it was a good race, i managed to keep it off the walls completely which im happy with and lesson learnt. If you spend quite a number of hours making a setup that is stable and decently fast DONT change it 5 mins before qualifying and race lol...
ImageImageImage
Racing is life, Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen
tiptop114
Beginner

Postby tiptop114 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:33 pm

Wildboy99 wrote:Yeah sorry bout the lack of a hard, flat out race with you tiptop
Thats ok mate. Would suggest alot of prac for the next one as thats what ill be doing because of having no time in these cars. I like leading from the front but i gets boring at times, much better fun is had with a good old battle.
Wildboy99 wrote:lesson learnt. If you spend quite a number of hours making a setup that is stable and decently fast DONT change it 5 mins before qualifying and race lol...
Yeah every time i've done that its lead me to complete failure, because i generally cant remember what the old setup was after changing it.

Was really suprised with the pace 4aged showed last night given the time he strolled on in at, was good to see. :D
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS User: 4aged

Postby 4aged » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:46 pm

points are in...tiptop is past Chris after slowly catching him....we were all whipped and dominated by tiptop last night ;)

ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
tiptop114
Beginner

Postby tiptop114 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:14 am

Is it just me or did a heap of posts go missing :?: :?
4aged
LFSNZ Addict

Postby 4aged » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:21 pm

yea had hosting / hacking issues some got lost in changeover to new server.
tiptop114
Beginner

Postby tiptop114 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:11 am

The next race looks like a tough one. Pretty sure Andre might be racing and he's in the mid 28's. I'm in the mid 29's but should be quicker by race night :D
Wildboy99
PRO
LFS User: |ARC| Liam

Postby Wildboy99 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:15 am

Ive done 20 laps and im running around the mid 29's aswell. Havent even started looking at improving the setup yet it feels really stable though and really consistent. Just need to get a bit braver and brake later as im still hitting them far to early especially for the first real corner of the track. Its not a bad car to drive though once you get a setup that feels good and i must say also that i prefer this track in reverse alot more though its still fun fwds
ImageImageImage
Racing is life, Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen
4aged
LFSNZ Addict

Postby 4aged » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:10 pm

round 11 deets for all

Format 1: x2 20min races, Rev Grid race 2, Must pit & change 4 tyres[/size][/color]

Return to “Race Schedules & Events”