WORLD SERIES 2011 - DISCUSSION

Current & Past Race Series and Events
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS License: S2
LFS User: 4aged

Re: WORLD SERIES 2011 - DISCUSSION

Postby 4aged » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:00 pm

lol good stuff, all i do is try finish in front of wildboy...generally unsuccessfully :P
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
Wildboy99
PRO
LFS User: |ARC| Liam

Postby Wildboy99 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:22 am

haha i dunno 4aged its happening more and more lately.

Tonight was well awesome. A decent size grid and car that no one had much experience in except for Andre ( or so it seemed anyway). was extremely happy with my qual, its not normally something im too happy with even if i do get pole but with 1min 45 left on clock i left the pits to try and get around for 1 more go considering i hadnt really set a super lap (imo). Crossed the line with 10 seconds to spair, phew, and set about it. I dont think anyone noticed it though and the whole lap i was just hoping nobody hit the start button lol.

race 1 was fairly uneventful for me, tried to keep in touch with andre but was impossible so then i just tried to gap tiptop and manage that gap to the end which i nearly wrecked on the 1st corner of last lap by dropping a wheel off the bank which threw me into the wall :S Race 2 was much the same though i wish there was another few laps, was so close to getting in range to have a look at a pass on chris but 3rd isnt so bad.

Oh yeah and remember everybody, say it with me, "My right foot controls the wheelspin and sideways action" HAHA so many people getting caught out on those cold tyres in race 2 :D
ImageImageImage
Racing is life, Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen
4aged
LFSNZ Addict

Postby 4aged » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:45 am

gah race 1 - gearing!
gah race 2 - wrong tyres

i was ok when i got into rhythm on my own, but found it really hard to race near others, and on the cold tyres.

but was a great turn out! thanks to all.....KY3 next week! great track for these, we did that track in the FOv8MATE series.
Andre
Rookie
LFS User: AndreNZ

Postby Andre » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Wildboy99 wrote: Tonight was well awesome. A decent size grid and car that no one had much experience in except for Andre ( or so it seemed anyway).
The only other time I've raced these cars was in the You Choose 50, but I got a decent amount of practice for last night because I wanted to get a feel for how to set these cars up and did a bit of testing. Got the setup going well and felt like I knew where the limits were so was quite comfortable. :D

Overall I had a blast, thanks for the racing all. Hit a PB in qual which is always satisfying. Ended up doing a 360 towards the end of race two at the corner coming off the oval into the infield. Not sure how it happened but think it was something to do with cutting the kerb a bit much and suspension damage causing me to bottom out and get hooked around. :S
4aged
LFSNZ Addict

Postby 4aged » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:28 pm

yea i have done that on these cars before, i think thats what happened to me on the right curb coming onto the banking section...it happens so fast, its almost like its a bug
4aged
LFSNZ Addict

Postby 4aged » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:17 pm

Chris
PRO
LFS User: holdenrules_64

Postby Chris » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:08 am

Hmm i thought there was only a few points between me and tiptop last round and now there is 30? :?
4aged
LFSNZ Addict

Postby 4aged » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:04 pm

sorry was a typo should be 195 not 165, so you are even with tiptop!

will change it soon.
tiptop114
Beginner
LFS User: Tiptop114

Postby tiptop114 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:17 pm

Well what can i say..........

Was sort of pleased with the result given my lack of confidence in these cars. Suppose the only bad thing was my spin in race 2 where im pretty sure i would of had 2nd place in the bag, but wasn't to be. Good to see a few more people on the grid for this one :D Qualifed on a PB so thats another good thing to. And reguardless of the amount of crashing i do in prac i seem to pull it together a bit more on race night which is a good thing. Things are tightening up at the front, but i think if 4aged did a table with worst 3 rounds dropped it might show a different story ;)
4aged
LFSNZ Addict

Postby 4aged » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:41 pm

yea ill do an update on that soon.

Return to “Race Schedules & Events”