WORLD SERIES 2011 - DISCUSSION

Current & Past Race Series and Events
Chris
PRO
LFS License: S2
LFS User: holdenrules_64

Re: WORLD SERIES 2011 - DISCUSSION

Postby Chris » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:12 am

so.. I managed to get home at 6, giving me plenty of time. Our land line was just disconnected and because of that our internet is now playing up. Dad has been on the phone to our isp for bit under an hour and a half and thats what they think the problem is. Currently using someone else's internet at the moment. hopefully we can get it up and going soon, coz its really killing me :(
dynofiend
PRO
LFS User: dynofiend

Postby dynofiend » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:47 am

Well, that was... an experience. Managed a 37.24 in practice, then for no particular reason couldnt get within half a second of that ever again. In the race I ran into the back of Sugo on the grid who didnt move when the lights turned, and ended up in last place. After three laps I made an invisible error and lost the tow I was getting and just steadily started to drop back, doing laps over a second slower than my pb. At that point I got bored, realising that 40 mins going in circles was not my cup of tea :mrgreen:
ImageImage
Andre
Rookie
LFS User: AndreNZ

Postby Andre » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:22 pm

dynofiend wrote: doing laps over a second slower than my pb.
That's really weird and almost sounds like pedals playing up or accidental changes to your setup (taking a slightly or significantly different line doesn't make much difference). After the races tiptop was still managing to get mid 37s with only three tyres on his car and some majorly bent suspension components!

Good racing guys, was fun if there was someone to slipstream with. :D
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS User: 4aged

Postby 4aged » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:11 pm

cheers all who came, good to see sugo get a win!

ended up slipstreaming with wildboy for all of race 1 and part of race 2 so wasnt too boring for me. bugger about being stuck on your own dyno.

ASTON GRAND PRIX ENDURO NEXT!
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
Wildboy99
PRO
LFS User: |ARC| Liam

Postby Wildboy99 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:26 pm

Yeah if you were slipstreaming it wasnt too bad though im pretty sure i was going faster when i was on my own. I stuffed up both starts and that really screwed me over for both races i think. The 2nd one was just bloody aweful The launch was good then it span up and started to go sideways so i lifted off a tad too much and it bogged and i was too scared to give it a clutch kick to get going again cause that usually ends up in a spin but 3rd in both races was ok though next time i think i need to learn how to slipstream efficiantly because in race 1 andre and tiptop you guys were pulling away from us quite quickly
ImageImageImage
Racing is life, Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen
dynofiend
PRO

Postby dynofiend » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:04 pm

Andre wrote:
That's really weird and almost sounds like pedals playing up or accidental changes to your setup (taking a slightly or significantly different line doesn't make much difference). After the races tiptop was still managing to get mid 37s with only three tyres on his car and some majorly bent suspension components!

Good racing guys, was fun if there was someone to slipstream with. :D
I wonder if punting Sugo at the start bent the wing? Ive been told that accident damage doesnt change aero, but it always seems like it might!
ImageImage
Wildboy99
PRO

Postby Wildboy99 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:41 pm

Well going from what me and andre watched tiptop doing at the end i really doubt it was accident damage that caused it. Fuel only added 1 or 2 tenths to my laptimes so unless you were running full fuel or accidently bumped intake restrictions or something. It might be worth looking into though if someone got any replays?
ImageImageImage
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS User: 4aged

Postby 4aged » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:44 pm

forgot about replays here, steala might know?

results are up as well: http://forums.lfsnz.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=678#p7718
A bit of movement on the table!

NEXT ROUND
ROUND 15 TUESDAY 27th SEPTEMBER
8PM [LFSNZ]CLUB server - FO8 @ ASTON Grand Prix

Format 2: x1 45min race, Must pit & change 4 tyres, 20% Start fuel

ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
dynofiend
PRO

Postby dynofiend » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:19 am

Andre wrote:
That's really weird and almost sounds like pedals playing up
Well, top marks to Andre. Turned about two laps yesterday with the pedal axes visible in game, and could instantly see that I was only getting 95% throttle, and also had brakes dragging by about 5%. Calibration didnt fix it, so I dismantled the pedals and cleaned them out, blew into the pots, and hey presto, back to normal :D
ImageImage
Wildboy99
PRO

Postby Wildboy99 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:05 pm

Ahh yeah of course, my brake pedal does it a tiny bit but lfs just ignores it already i think but it deffinatly shows up on GT5 and F1 2011. Though because touching the brakes deactivates drs i am going to need to fix them. F1 is pretty damn awesome btw, huge improvement of 2010.

As for this weeks round of lfs i havent turned a wheel yet and chances are i wont this weekend right now im at 25hrs awake time and ive got maybe another 12hrs to go so sunday will be catch up on sleep day
ImageImageImage

Return to “Race Schedules & Events”