WORLD SERIES 2011 - DISCUSSION

Current & Past Race Series and Events
Wildboy99
PRO
LFS License: S2
LFS User: |ARC| Liam

Re: WORLD SERIES 2011 - DISCUSSION

Postby Wildboy99 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:10 pm

Oh look out Krayys coming for us :D actually i reckon since Chris got his clubbies he has stepped it up alot so im going to have start practising alot more then i do to keep up but i need new everything before i can really do lots of racing again lol. i opened my wheel the other day cause a clamp was sticking and i found a bigger problem... quite a large crack running down the steering column i guess you could call it and part of it has actually come out and is sitting on my desk. my shifter doubles shifts like crazy or just falls out of gear and my pedals pots are on the way out..... so im guessing the 2000+ hours (rough estimate) in the last 2 years has taken its toll. Lining up for the full fanatec clubsport series once its all released and ive got some money. Hopefully all this stuff holds out until then
ImageImageImage
Racing is life, Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen
dynofiend
PRO
LFS User: dynofiend

Postby dynofiend » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:31 am

Great work guys, and thanks to all involved in setting up and running the series. My apologies for missing the last few rounds. As the weather turns nice and the evenings get lighter I find myself with more and more clashing events! Sim racing is definately more of a winter sport :D

I think I suffered from a couple of things in the series. Me being slow, and everyone else being fast :D

Have to admit I rarely get any practice in, and I probably have substantially fewer miles in the cars we drive and tracks we use. My previous LFS was pretty much exclusively the XFG and FXO classes in the now defunct CTRA servers which favoured the smaller tighter courses and SO tracks.

I also notice the wheel I have not cutting the mustard, with the FFB giving me a very notchy steering adjustment so I am constantly correcting mid corner rather than being able to select an angle and stick to it. Best start saving then!
ImageImage
Krayy
Advanced

Postby Krayy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:17 am

Wildboy99 wrote:Oh look out Krayys coming for us :D actually i reckon since Chris got his clubbies he has stepped it up alot so im going to have start practising alot more then i do to keep up but i need new everything before i can really do lots of racing again lol. i opened my wheel the other day cause a clamp was sticking and i found a bigger problem... quite a large crack running down the steering column i guess you could call it and part of it has actually come out and is sitting on my desk. my shifter doubles shifts like crazy or just falls out of gear and my pedals pots are on the way out..... so im guessing the 2000+ hours (rough estimate) in the last 2 years has taken its toll. Lining up for the full fanatec clubsport series once its all released and ive got some money. Hopefully all this stuff holds out until then
I just checked out the info on the Clubsport series and dang, it looks good but it'll be wildly expensive. You need to pay for the base and then spend a couple of hundy on extra wheels to put on it!! So if you're true hardcord you'll need an F1 wheel rim, a BMW M3 one, a Porsche one and maybe any other special editions they roll out.

Also, did you see the size of the base unit!? It'll need an industrial size desk to mount the bugger on.

I do want one though ;-)
I'm a Logitech G-Man!! G15, G25, G35, G500...

Image ImageImageImageImage
Chris
PRO
LFS User: holdenrules_64

Postby Chris » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:54 pm

Awesome looking piece, will hopefully be the next addition to my gear :D

Return to “Race Schedules & Events”