SUPER 60 - Discussion...WILDBOY WINS!

Current & Past Race Series and Events
dynofiend
PRO
LFS User: dynofiend

Re: SUPER 60 - Discussion......Round3: THURSDAY KYOTO GP

Postby dynofiend » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:36 pm

Not sure if the 5kg really makes a great deal of difference. Ive not tried with and without comparisons, but something tells me that if I did, there wouldnt be any correlation to overall lap times. I also had no problems on R3s last race, so tyre wear differences are negligible.
ImageImage
Wildboy99
PRO
LFS License: S2
LFS User: |ARC| Liam

Postby Wildboy99 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:34 pm

yeah im not sure it would either but i think the problem was the fuel weight at the start of the race chris had hardly any top speed compared to me but his cornering speed was a fair bit higher i think, was a bit hard to compare low fuel performance for me though cause i stuck it in the fence and bent it and then on my way into last pitstop idiot behind the wheel grabbed 1st at 90kph and it was geared to a max of 75.... :x I only just made it home really if chris hadnt made a mistake on last 2 laps it would have gotten very tight
ImageImageImage
Racing is life, Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen
bundyroy
Rookie
LFS User: bundyroy

Postby bundyroy » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:39 pm

wats the password for tonights race round 3?
richmondfc.com.au
thorns
PRO

Postby thorns » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:28 am

Was good fun last night, first race in ages. Had a good ding dong battle with 4aged for a few laps. These cars make for great racing as each has there strengths and weakneses.

Not so keen on the compulsary pits, would have been interesting if you could choose your own strategy, I needed 2 stops, but someone like 4aged who's set seemed to be getting better and better could have tried for a no stopper or a one stopper, could have made the results a bit more interesting.
ImageImageImageImage
Chris
PRO
LFS User: holdenrules_64

Postby Chris » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:14 pm

The only problem is every time we have a race with no compulsory pits a lot of people some how manage to make their tyres last, so it makes it hard for a few people who really do need the pit stop to change their tyres
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS User: 4aged

Postby 4aged » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:22 pm

yea that was a good battle thorns, yea our cars were faster in different areas of thetrack.

yea my car just comes to life as the tank empties, isnt that good with full tank....if everyone thinks its ok could make 1 of the remaining rounds no compulasary pit stops.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
Wildboy99
PRO

Postby Wildboy99 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:49 pm

yeah was good racing, think i got 2nd cause a few of you, mainly 4aged lol, were just a tad unlucky. Thorns mate you are just too fast lol mind you i dont think my 67kgs helped :S And yeah i dont mind either way on the pit stop thing, i can make r3s last all day in these cars but either way im happy. i like having a cps for realism but imo lfs doesnt simulate tyre wear properly to make it worthwhile.

Also just as a side thought for getting more people back to racing. Trackmania. I used to play it all day everyday haha and it is alot of not serious but intense fun. Chris and myself have just picked it up again and its quite fun so we could all set a time and jump on a random server and go nuts. Either way its a good fun game to have a look at if you havent already
ImageImageImage
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS User: 4aged

Postby 4aged » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:57 am

i used to play trackmania back in the day, is crazy fast! some of the track people made were annoying as they were too hard and tricky to even finish! more of a challenge/maze that racing the clock. but yea was a fun game.

Results are in: http://forums.lfsnz.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 8414#p8414
2d place battle is very close.
Sorry guys but saw i made a boo boo doing the KG for round 3, so have redone R3 weights and done R4 weights based on that. wildboy and chris were 5kg out but dyno and sugo were 10 out ....sorries!

weight gets added based on round results not overal points table results...ie thorns gets +20kg for next round as he finished 1st.

steala / anyone get the replay???? bloody annoying my pit speed limiter went off randomly by itself...want to see it again. then i didnt do drive through properly should have been 10sec stop go...
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
mik641
PRO
LFS User: mik641
Combat Arms Name: Mik641

Postby mik641 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:39 pm

it wasnt the pit limiter, it was stealas blouse coming off :D
Image ImageImage
Wildboy99
PRO

Postby Wildboy99 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:35 pm

Well that had me confused for quite some time there 4aged lol. 87KG will be insane, not sure if i can cope with that haha :S
ImageImageImage

Return to “Race Schedules & Events”