[LFSNZ]Remix 2012

Current & Past Race Series and Events
dynofiend
PRO
LFS User: dynofiend

Re: [LFSNZ]Remix 2012

Postby dynofiend » Tue May 15, 2012 6:35 pm

OMG that is awesome dude. Wonder if there's a way of getting that info beamed to smartphones as an app? I reckon though that you have race 2 and 3 mixed up. Im sure I finished 3rd in the last race, not the second race, oh well :)
ImageImage
Wildboy99
PRO
LFS License: S2
LFS User: |ARC| Liam

Postby Wildboy99 » Tue May 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Awesome work mate i reckon thatll save series admins alot of time. And yeah race 2 and 3 are mixed up. Add a few graphs and a championship table and i think itll be gold. Also it says fastest lap is worth points but doesnt say who got it? I assume you just havent done that yet. Someones a bit of a coding nerd :P Any other plans for it mate?
ImageImageImage
Racing is life, Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen
Steala
LFSNZ Addict
LFS User: LifeSteala

Postby Steala » Wed May 16, 2012 11:03 am

Thanks for letting me know about the mix up. I'll check into this tonight and see whats happening. I'm in the process of automating all this now so any series admin will just click buttons to update the results pages.

I have the fastest lap on the results. It should show who got them.. looks like it isn't! Will fix that. Forgot to re-upload a file for that.

My next thing to add is a championship table for each series.

I was thinking about graphs. What would you guys want to see on them?

Edit: Fixed results table. Thanks guys.
Last edited by Steala on Wed May 16, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed results table
Image Image Image
ATOMIC Web Hosting - Quality shared and reseller website hosting. WHM/cPanel
dynofiend
PRO

Postby dynofiend » Wed May 16, 2012 7:25 pm

Looks awesome! The graph I would like to see is a 'points over time' line chart, one line per racer.

FYI Race one fastest lap was me not Liam ;)
ImageImage
Steala
LFSNZ Addict

Postby Steala » Wed May 16, 2012 8:48 pm

Oops. Forgot the 'order by' rule! Thanks Dyno!
Image Image Image
mik641
PRO
LFS User: mik641
Combat Arms Name: Mik641

Postby mik641 » Thu May 17, 2012 3:15 pm

Hi guys, bad news I fractured a couple of bones in my foot at work on tuesday so I wont be able to race this week, let alone fit my leg in under the desk. Pretty pissed I cant race because this is going to be a great series! You never know, i might rangi something up anyway ;)
Image ImageImage
Wildboy99
PRO

Postby Wildboy99 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Ahh that sucks mate. How long you out of action for?

Steala the graphs i was thinking about shows the progression thoughout the race. iRacing calls it the Lap Chart. Like the first attachment

And maybe do something like lfsworld does where you can click on the name and it expands to show lap times like the 2nd attachment. They might seem pointless but i like looking at stuff like that.

Also guys i wont be here tonight either so dont have too much fun without me :)

EDIT: Sorry about the attachment size i thought they would have become thumbnails
Attachments
graph1.jpg
graph1.jpg (94.68 KiB) Viewed 16896 times
graph2.jpg
graph2.jpg (107.61 KiB) Viewed 16896 times
ImageImageImage
Steala
LFSNZ Addict

Postby Steala » Sun May 20, 2012 10:46 pm

Hey all,
Great racing on Thursday guys! It was a really close round.

As usual, I screwed up the scripts I wrote for the points. Had to add a whole heap of extra code to handle different rounds! I've got the championship points table up: http://www.lfsnz.com/results - you select the series to check.

I've got to sort out links for qualifying and race results for each round now... I'll want to get all this sorted before I start work on graphs!!

If you see anything wrong with points or races, please tell me. Though I did cross check against the replays so I'm hoping all is calculating properly!!! Fastest lap in each race receives 2 extra points and pole position for qualifying rounds receives 1 extra point...

Love automation!!! :D
Image Image Image
Wildboy99
PRO

Postby Wildboy99 » Sun May 20, 2012 11:18 pm

Awesome work as usual steala, few things though (sorry im good at finding problems in software)
1. Loading the pages the pages finish loading but my cursor stays as a loading thing as if the script is a bit slow or something, i mean it probably doesnt matter and my laptops only a core 2 duo but might be something to look into when youve got time?
2. Race 2 and 3 have been swapped again.
3. Are the points right? By my count Dyno only has 50 and tiptop only has 32. I didnt calculate them all but is there 7 points getting added somewhere it shouldnt?

Sorry for this mate i hope you dont take it negatively or anything because i do think what your doing is pretty awesome just trying to help test it for you :)

Otherwise guys looked like an awesome round especially race 5 of the series nice and close, good to see a few more names at the top. Looks like Kronik had a pretty quick car and a decent turn out again too.

One last thing Steala if you love automation (and cars of course) you will probably love this http://automationgame.com/ In fact most of the people here would probably love it
ImageImageImage
dynofiend
PRO

Postby dynofiend » Mon May 21, 2012 7:10 pm

The pages load fine for me, no problem with the cursor. The one problem I do have is that the points still seem wrong. I now have 48 but should have 50 with my fastest lap in the first round (race 1). Other than that, looks great!

PS Mike, sorry to hear about your foot. Try mapping buttons on your wheel to the throttle and brake, it's what Steala does (with his mouse) and he was very competitive in the last round!
ImageImage

Return to “Race Schedules & Events”