G25 shifter issue

Experiencing technical issues with your computer or games? Ask for help here!
Wildboy99
PRO
LFS License: S2
LFS User: |ARC| Liam

G25 shifter issue

Postby Wildboy99 » Fri May 13, 2011 12:18 am

So ive been having this shifter issue where it "falls" out of 2nd gear to neutral and sometimes 4th, caused me to loose a few spots a bit more easily then i would have liked in the world series enduro but i woulda lost them anyway.

So i opened the shifter up and it didnt take long to work out what its issue was, i thought it might have been the screw was loose but in fact its worn quite a bit! http://i53.tinypic.com/j5h287.jpg you can see it in that photo shouldnt need explaining but i will anyway the screw in red circle is about half as thick at the top as it is at the bottom and sides where it doesnt get any contact with the metal plate that locks it in gear.

I think when i grab it i tend to push it sideways before its cleared the metal plate basically what i was wondering was does anyone have any idea on how to fix the thing or has anyone seen this before? should i just try and buy a new screw? got an allen key on the screw and it is still very tight too so thats no help.

Would love to hear some thoughts and opionions please :D
ImageImageImage
Racing is life, Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS User: 4aged

Re: G25 shifter issue

Postby 4aged » Fri May 13, 2011 9:39 am

hmm hard to tell, so is it that notch at the top of the screw that is warn....if it can be unscrewed yea try replace it.....anything showing up when googling this problem?
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
Wildboy99
PRO

Postby Wildboy99 » Fri May 13, 2011 12:30 pm

yeah its the little notch looks about half as thick as the rest of the screw head and the right screw doesnt have a notch on it at all so im pretty sure its worn. When i googled around i came across a few different things but mainly people were saying just tighten the screw up but mine is ridiculously tight so its not that. What i might try is swapping the screws over and see how that goes
ImageImageImage
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS User: 4aged

Postby 4aged » Fri May 13, 2011 5:02 pm

yea i noticed the other side had no notch so thought it must be that.

yea swapping could work will be hitting the other side of the screw then. but in thery both sides get used

screw might be in with lock tight, also try tightening then try undoing! try CRC and try tapping top of screw with somthing heavy like small hammer :) so you will be hitting --> that way
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
Wildboy99
PRO

Postby Wildboy99 » Sat May 14, 2011 5:22 pm

Got them undone (just wasnt trying very hard before lol) and swapped them around luckily when i put the worn one in it tightened up at a point where its not going to cause any issue and ive done some testing and it all seems ok for now. The problem is that it chances are now the other screw will wear. So i dont really know what im going to do. Added some new grease in there and i hope that helps other than that i can only think i need to change shifting styles which will be slower trying to be mindful to move stick forwards well before going sideways
ImageImageImage

Return to “Technical Help”