[LFSNZ] Krayy-Z like a FOX NOW on THURSDAYS!

Series Podium - 1st: Kronik, 2nd: Sly_guy, 3rd: 4AGED
kumarakid
Dedicated Driver
LFS License: S2
LFS User: Kumarakid

Re: [LFSNZ] Krayy-Z like a FOX *UPDATED*

Postby kumarakid » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:43 am

Good to hear your back in action Swivel and appreciate your online time will require either some careful planning or downright cunning or drunken disregard in the coming weeks. I couldnt make it last night either as I was called in to work unexpectedly but have just looked at the results and well done kronik....wickd time there bro....1.10.970!
sly_guy
Advanced
LFS User: sly_guy
Combat Arms Name: sly_guy

Postby sly_guy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:42 pm

KWAK wrote:
sly_guy wrote:One of these day's I'll enter an event ! :)..

Problem is you guys do all your stuff on a wed night... the one night of the week i've got other commitments ! :oops:
whats the best night for you?
:D, pretty much any night except Wed night !!! :)
ImageImageImageImage
Steala
LFSNZ Addict
LFS User: LifeSteala

Postby Steala » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:25 am

For AS2, I am doing 1:03, 1:04... 1:05's consistently :)
Image Image Image
ATOMIC Web Hosting - Quality shared and reseller website hosting. WHM/cPanel
4aged
LFSNZ Addict
LFS User: 4aged

Postby 4aged » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:48 am

i managed to do a low 1.02 while i was practicing with kumura the other night. Times should be tight as its a small track
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
Steala
LFSNZ Addict
LFS User: LifeSteala

Postby Steala » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:52 am

:( If I push my car more I will spin!!

May I try your setup? Pretty please... with cherry on top? ;)
Image Image Image
ATOMIC Web Hosting - Quality shared and reseller website hosting. WHM/cPanel
4aged
LFSNZ Addict

Postby 4aged » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:08 am

yea sure will send it...since you asked so nicely :)

Key corners for me are that chicane going over the rise if you get that right you can really make up some 10th's, ive only managed to do it fast without lifting afew times (race setup though) seems to help if you go as wide as pos on exit (take the paint of that wall) i think my best split there was a 0.33. somthing anything low 34 in race will be ok i think.

also getting good drive coming onto the main straight seems to be pretty key. Helps to cut the exit over the ripple stip as much as pos. That corner is where i always spin! seems like i have to wait an eternity to get on the gas, i guess thats whys if you manage to get good drive can make good gains by the time you get to 1st corner. and once again if you cook your tyres surface grip goes out the window. but noticed with these cars they cool down fast with a couple of quiet laps you can get them back down again.

also noticed was cooking my front tyres as well! only did my rears in bl1

lots to talk about :)
KWAK
Dedicated Driver
LFS User: [LFSNZ] Kwak
Combat Arms Name: KWAKNZ

Postby KWAK » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:57 am

I just did 4 laps, 1.02.81 was the fastest, I think I could easily bring that down, as I wasn't as tight on some corners as I could be! First 1 lap was great, but slow as I had 60% fuel, that was a low 1.03..... so yeah 8-)
4aged
LFSNZ Addict

Postby 4aged » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:30 pm

nice stuff KWAK , looking forward to this again!!!

yea i think did my 102 with 50% race fuel, have done a few lap on the WR setup with qual fuel cant remeber what times i did. my race times are pretty much 1.03.50+

i think we are going to have to be in the 1.01's to be in with a chance of pole lol!

at least i can beat/keep up with the AI where i couldnt do that on BL1
KR0NIK
Advanced

Postby KR0NIK » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:37 pm

hey everyone...looks like we will be hopefully having quite a full grid running this week :):)
blackwood was great fun...FOR ME... not so much for others ....who seemed to be learning
all the FOXz bad habits lap after lap :) i was quite lucky as in setting up dr felixz new rig and with
some one to battle with..we managed to do quite a few nights dialing wot we thought were
"good setups" and learned a bit in the process....phewww was still glad to see the finish line in one piece
after a good old fashioned T BONE wif dr felix on the last lap LOL

sadly this week i will be quite content with at least finishing aston with the pack..or wots left of it
having also a partner in crime to again practise with....i have really struggled with this track
having minimum camber(foxes love it if you didnt know:) and requireing a precise right foot
my times wernt to bad ....my consistancey was s#@t house .......so staying out of trouble is high on my priorty
this week ..speaking of this week has there been a definite date set ...wed or thurs??
i voted for thursday....i used to have a regular gig on wednesday lol can ya which one i picked:)
or is the krazy fox series going to run out as scheduled on wednesdays

every one take in 4agedz words about thouse 2corners
its excellent advise and right on the money
my times have varied from a flukey best of 1.02.19......to relible 9 or ten laps at around 1.02.80 in race trim
and floating around 1.03.5 when my mind wanders lol
anyway cant wait..
and seen as im on a big rant here .....and this may have been suggested ....but is there a new zealand lfs national champs event? point me out where where you see the flaws...ok so we could run it like R.L most drivers cant afford /havent got enought sponsership to run more than one vehicle in a R.L newzealand nation event...
i realise there is the exception to that rule but for breifness sake..we will assume this...so we could stick to
this and run a similar series to krazy fox ....but possibly three 20mins races or varieing combos of time 40/10 etc including and endurance race round for good measure( nufin silly thou:) )
and run over any thing from 8 weeks to 8 to 12 months (one national race a month ) etc etc what ever suits evryone i guess and id say just to be fair allow everyone to drop there worst 1 or 2 dnf.dns.fail events to allow the ones who just could not take part that night(.....BUT and of course BUT!! and finally ..leading to my main point .
where not in real life!!! we are lucky we have a massive selection of car at the push of a button
why on earth would you not want to compete in a nation champion ship useing a wide variaty
of vehicles and probally a even wider variatly of driving styles:):) (i think this way is a would be a true test of lfs skill) and would allow some to draw on there strengths in some vehicles and struggle in others which =tighter racing:)
i think the main thing would be vote on which vehicles wont make the final cut making sure of a wide range fwd 4wd rwd slicks roads wings traction control 4speeds 5 speeds 6 speeds paddels blah blah blah
all vehicles will be of the same type per round and a good pairing of cars to tracks will be critical for maxim fun meaning slower smaller cars on tighter tracks
and wings and slicks making full use of the giant fast tracks...
i think this would be a good way to run a national champs in this enviroment and this day and age :)

YEAH IM THE FASTED IN NEW ZEALAND
(dont that have a nice ring to it 4aged )

see ya all on wedsday or thursday :)
please dont take me out :)
ImageImageImage
Dr.Felix
Noob

Postby Dr.Felix » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:03 am

Kronik, its fastest not fasted, that would mean your starving.... And also your Mum told me she can move lasagne night from a Wed for ya :p

I must say tho the idea of a multiple discpline racing does have merits.... lets see what ideas come out for woodwork for this one...

Return to “[LFSNZ] KRAYY-Z LIKE A FOX 2009”